What is the definition of “cookies”?
The “cookie” is a text file that can be stored in a dedicated space on the hard disk of the device used by the user (eg computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when the user visits the online service of 2020Expo.info through their browser, and may be subject to user consent. The cookie identifies the device in which the cookie is stored for the entire period of validity or registration of the cookie.
However, you can change the settings relating to cookies at any time. Below is more information about cookies and how to manage the settings related to them.
2 – Types of cookies used
At the time of connection to our Site, except for the user’s consent, various cookies may be installed on the user’s device, in order to recognize the device used by the user for the duration of the validity period of cookies.
• compiling statistics, monitoring traffic volumes and measuring the use of the various sections of the Website (eg titles and content visited, click flows), in order to improve the efficiency and usability of the 2020Expo.info services;
• compute the total number of advertisements shown in the appropriate advertising spaces, identify the same and the number of their views, identify the number of users who click on each of them, and, when possible, the subsequent actions carried out by users on these pages in order to calculate the compensation due to commercial partners (eg communication and advertising agencies, websites, etc.), for statistical analysis purposes;
• customize the presentation of the Site to the display settings of the user’s device (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during the visit of the same, based on the hardware, software, video software of that device;
• personalize advertising space to the user’s device display settings (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.), based on the hardware, software, video software of that device;
• in the event that the user has provided personal data, including contact details, and has chosen to accept cookies at the time of registration or access to services, the navigation data acquired through cookies may be linked to the data user’s personal data, for the purpose of sending advertising materials, or to show personalized advertisements on the user’s device in the advertising spaces that use our cookies. These are advertising messages specifically intended for the user and which could be of interest to the user;
• keep the information contained in the forms filled out on the Website and the information relating to certain products or services selected through the Site (eg services to which the user has registered, contents of the cart, etc.);
• allow access to reserved and personalized areas, e.g. the account, based on username, password and other data to which the user has previously given access to 2020Expo.info;
• implement security measures (for example, which allow the registered user to be recognized during subsequent visits after a certain period of time, by requesting to log in again).
3 – Cookies related to the integration of third-party applications
2020Expo.info may include third-party software applications on the Site, which allow the user to share the content of the Site with other users or to inform other users about the visit or opinion related to that content. This is the case, in particular, of the “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.). The social networks that provide these buttons may use them to identify the user, even if the user has not clicked them while visiting the site. In fact, this kind of buttons could allow the social network to track the navigation on the site, simply because the user has logged in to their account on the social network from their device (so-called open session) during the visit to the Site. 2020Expo.info has no control over the processes used by social networks to collect information about the site visit by the user or other related personal data. Please consult the personal data protection policies of these social networks in order to understand the purposes for which the collection of browsing data takes place through the aforementioned buttons, especially with regard to advertising purposes. Social network policies must allow you to exercise your personal choices through account settings.
4 – Choices about cookies
4.1 – Choices available through the browser
You can configure the browser to allow the storage of cookies on your device, to automatically reject them or to reject some. It is also possible to configure the browser in order to display the request for acceptance or refusal of cookies before the cookie is installed. For more information, see the sub-section c) “How to exercise choices in the browser”.
(a) Acceptance of cookies
The user can decide whether or not to accept the installation of cookies on his device. The user is free to make his choice and to modify it at any time through the settings of the browser used on the device. If the browser is set to accept the installation of cookies on the user’s device, the cookies used by the visited web pages will be temporarily stored in a dedicated space of the user’s device. They will be readable only by those who install the cookie.
(b) Refusal of cookies
In the event that the user chooses to refuse the installation of cookies on their device, or in case of removal of cookies already stored, it will not be possible to use the functionalities necessary to navigate within certain sections of the Site. for example, some content or services that require logging in for access. Moreover, in relation to the technical compatibility, it may be impossible to recognize the type of browser used by the user on his device, the default language or the country from which the terminal is connected. If the browser is set to refuse the installation of cookies on the device, 2020Expo.info assumes no responsibility for the reduced functionality of the services resulting from the failure to authorize the storage and display of information necessary for the full operation of the Site and services. (c) How to exercise choices in the browser
(c) How to exercise choices in the browser
Each browser offers different ways of managing cookies and their settings. The configuration of the browser is described in the “Help” menu of the toolbar located in most browsers, where information is provided about how to change the settings related to cookies.
For Internet Explorer ™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies,
For Safari ™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html,
For Chrome ™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647,
For Firefox ™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies,
For Opera ™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html.
“Flash” © cookies that use “Adobe Flash Player” ™
“Adobe Flash Player” ™ is an application that allows a quick display of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. This and other similar applications store settings, preferences and usage data through a technology similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player” ™ handles this information through an interface other than that provided by the user’s browser. In the event that the user’s device displays content developed with Flash technology, please access the Flash cookies management tool directly from the Adobe website http://www.adobe.com.
5 – Sharing the use of the terminal with other people
If the user’s device is used by more than one person or if the same device has multiple browsers, it is not possible to be certain that the services and advertisements that appear on the user’s device correspond to the use of the device in question by part of the user or to someone else’s. If this is the case, sharing your device with others and configuring browser settings regarding cookies is a user’s choice and will be under the responsibility of the latter.